Phone: (940) 591-1200
Star Checking offers you the convenience of a simple checking account with unlimited transactions, the convenience of online banking, mobile banking, and bill payment at no charge1. Avoid the $5.95 monthly service charge by maintaining a $300 minimum daily balance, a $1,000 average daily balance, or when you have direct deposits totaling at least $600 per statement cycle.
A basic checking account with convenience features.
Minimum to Open - $100.00
Monthly Service Charge - $5.95
Avoid the monthly service charge by making or maintaining:
- A minimum daily balance of $300.00
- OR an average daily balance of $1,000.00
- OR direct deposits totaling at least $600.00
Services provided at no charge1 include:
• Online Banking
• Online Bill Payment1
• Unlimited Transactions
• StarCard Debit Card
• Direct Deposit
• Mobile Banking with Deposit Features
(standard data and message rates from your wireless carrier may apply)
• Account-to-Account Transfers (transfer money to accounts you own outside the bank)
1 Bill Payment is offered at no additional monthly or transaction cost unless you choose expedited processing which is billed at $14.95 per transaction. Please consult your enrollment agreement or an account representative for charges that may apply. Popmoney® transactions are billed for delivery times of: $0.50 for 3 day; $1.00 for next day; $3.00 for instant payment; and $1.00 to request payment.
• Debits and Credits – unlimited - No Charge
• Popmoney® (allows you to pay people if you know their cell phone number or e-mail address)
• Paper Statements without images $3.00
• Overdraft Privilege2 - $500.00
• Daily Overdraft Fee (limited to a maximum of 30 consecutive business days). A fee of $5/day will be assessed starting on the 4th business day the account remains overdrawn and each consecutive business day thereafter for a total of 30 business days OR until the account is brought to a positive balance.
2 Overdraft Privilege is a discretionary service and is generally limited to an amount indicated by your product disclosure. You must choose to participate in this service by "opting in". If you are already participating in Overdraft Privilege, your limit will not change. Our normal fees and charges include our published overdraft fee or returned item fee as set forth in our fee schedule at $32.00. You may be charged up to five overdraft items or $160 per day from your checking account if you do not have sufficient collected funds to pay items that are presented on your account for payment. We reserve the right to require you to pay your outstanding overdraft (negative) balance, including fees we assess on your account, immediately or upon demand. We will charge our normal overdraft fee or returned item fee whether or not we approve an overdraft item for payment or return it unpaid. The complete Overdraft Privilege (ODP) Service Agreement was provided to you when you "opted in" to the service and you can revoke your participation at any time by calling (940)383-6200 – Option 1. You may access the full Agreement at www.nstarbank.com/overdraft-privilege-service-odp-agreement.html