The Reward Checking Program is the perfect product for those customers who maintain typically higher balances in an interest-bearing checking account, and who want the convenience of ATM/Debit card usage with refunded fees of up to $4.99 per ATM/Debit transaction. See details below on how you can qualify. Avoid the $15.00 monthly service charge by maintaining a $1,000 minimum daily balance, OR a $2,500 average daily balance per statement cycle.
You qualify* when, in each qualification statement cycle there are –
• Ten (10) debit card purchases posted and cleared to your account; AND
• At least one (1) direct deposit OR one (1) ACH auto debit posted and cleared to your account; AND
• A minimum of one login to online or mobile banking; AND
• e-Statements provided to you
Qualification cycles end one day prior to the 3rd Wednesday of each month). A schedule of qualification cycle dates can be found under "Qualification Dates" on this page.
Interest is paid3 at an Annual Percentage Yield4 (APY) when qualifications are met in balance tiers as follows:
• Balances $0.01 to $10,000 1.00% APY4
• Balances greater than $10,000 0.25% APY4
• If qualifications are not met OR
if Paper Statements are Requested 0.05% APY4
3Interest rates of will be paid only for that portion of your daily balance that falls within each range. The annual percentage yield will range depending on the balance in the account. For example, a Reward Checking Account (that meets its monthly qualification – see specific account for details), with a balance of $12,000.00 will be paid the following. $10,000 will accrue at a rate of 1.00% and the remaining balance of $2,000 will accrue at 0.25%.
* If the monthly qualifications** are met, an interest rate of 1.00% with an APY*of 1.00% will be paid for that portion of the daily balance that is $10,000.00 or less. An interest rate of .25% will be paid on daily balances that are more than $10,000.00 when monthly qualifications2 are met. The APY on this tier will range from .25% to 1.00% depending on the balance in the account. Example: If your daily balance is $100,000.00 your blended APY would be .33%. When the monthly qualifications** are not met, the interest rate will be .05% on the entire balance with an APY of .05%. The rates are effective as of the monthly statement cycle beginning July 18, 2013. We may change the interest rate and APY at any time after the account is opened. No minimum balance is required; however, you must deposit a minimum of $100 to open this account. This account is available to personal accounts only, with no monthly service charge. The APY disclosed on the NORTHSTAR Reward Checking account assumes that interest earned in the NORTHSTAR Reward Checking compounds. However, by choosing to have NORTHSTAR Reward Saver linked to NORTHSTAR Reward Checking, you understand that the interest earned in your NORTHSTAR Reward Checking is automatically transferred into your NORTHSTAR Reward Saver account at the end of the statement cycle, and therefore does not remain in your NORTHSTAR Reward Checking account and does not compound. Additionally, you understand that the interest amount earned in the NORTHSTAR Reward Saver account may be less than the interest amount earned in the NORTHSTAR Reward Checking account. If you have met your qualifications for the specified monthly qualification cycle***, we will reimburse you for ATM Fees up to $4.99 per individual transaction. ATM fee reimbursements will be credited to your account on the last day of your statement cycle. If you believe that you have not been reimbursed the correct amount, please contact us. We must hear from you no later than 30 days after the statement cycle when the reimbursement was applicable. NOTE: ATM withdrawals do not count as qualifying debit card transactions for purposes of earning rewards within the account. Fees may reduce earnings. Available to personal accounts only. Only one (1) NORTHSTAR Reward Checking and one (1) NORTHSTAR Saver Account per customer.
- More Information
Services provided at no charge3 include:
• Online Banking
• Online Bill Payment1
• Unlimited Transactions
• StarCard Debit Card
• Direct Deposit
• Mobile Banking with Deposit Features (standard data and message rates from your wireless carrier may apply)
• e-Statements (required to qualify for interest paid3)
• Popmoney®1 (allows you to pay people if you know their cell phone number or e-mail address)
• Account to Account Transfers (transfer money to accounts you own outside the bank)
• Minimum to Open - $100.00
• Minimum Daily Balance to Avoid Service Charge - $1,000.00
• Average Daily Balance to Avoid Service Charge - $2,500.00
• Monthly Service Charge - $15.00
• Overdraft Privilege2 - $1,200.00
• Cashier's Checks - $5.00
1 Bill Payment is offered at no additional monthly or transaction cost unless you choose expedited processing which is billed at $14.95 per transaction. Please consult your enrollment agreement or an account representative for charges that may apply. Popmoney® transactions are billed for delivery times of: $0.50 for 3 day; $1.00 for next day; $3.00 for instant payment; and $1.00 to request payment.
2 Overdraft Privilege is a discretionary service and is generally limited to an amount indicated by your product disclosure. You must choose to participate in this service by "opting in". If you are already participating in Overdraft Privilege, your limit will not change. Our normal fees and charges include our published overdraft fee or returned item fee as set forth in our fee schedule at $32.00. You may be charged up to five overdraft items or $160 per day from your checking account if you do not have sufficient collected funds to pay items that are presented on your account for payment. We reserve the right to require you to pay your outstanding overdraft (negative) balance, including fees we assess on your account, immediately or upon demand. We will charge our normal overdraft fee or returned item fee whether or not we approve an overdraft item for payment or return it unpaid. The complete Overdraft Privilege (ODP) Service Agreement was provided to you when you "opted in" to the service and you can revoke your participation at any time by calling (940)383-6200 – Option 1. You may access the full Agreement at www.nstarbank.com/overdraft-privilege-service-odp-agreement.html
3 Interest rates of will be paid only for that portion of your daily balance that falls within each range. The annual percentage yield will range depending on the balance in the account. For example, a Reward Checking Account (that meets its monthly qualification – see specific account for details), with a balance of $12,000.00 will be paid the following. $10,000 will accrue at a rate of 1.00% and the remaining balance of $2,000 will accrue at 0.25%.
4 Annual Percentage Yield = APY
- Qualification Dates
Monthly Qualification Cycle Completion Date Monthly Qualification Cycle Beginning Date August 20, 2014 August 21, 2014 September 17, 2014 September 18, 2014 October 15, 2014 October 16, 2014 November 19, 2014 November 20, 2014 December 17, 2014 December 18, 2014 January 21, 2015 January 22, 2015 February 18, 2015 February 19, 2015